California Gay Adventures is a group of LGBTQ+ friends & straight allies who enjoy getting out of town for fun adventures. This includes camping, canoeing, kayaking, caving, canyoning, climbing, extreme sports, fishing, flying, horseback riding, surfing, motorsports, powerboats, skiing, sailing, windsurfing, scuba, snorkeling, whitewater rafting, and more! Join us!
CLICK PLAY BELOW FOR A LITTLE MORE ABOUT CGA!
Become a member today! Here is how to sign up:
1) Pick a Membership Level & Register! We also offer a free one-month trial to get in a check out the group. If it's not for you, we understand, you do not have to renew. Our Facebook groups will always be free.
2) Explore our network. This is not a typical website. This is a platform that showcases our past, current, and future events and adventures hosted by CGA and our members.
3) Get SOCIAL? Comment on a post on the website, or join our SOCIAL network on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/socalgayadventures/ for our Southern California group, or https://www.facebook.com/groups/norcalgayadventures our Northern California group. There is no fee to join our Facebook groups.
4) JOIN US on your first CGA adventure! We are always planning new events and adventures and are looking forward to meeting you.
5) GET INVOLVED! We are always looking for leaders and volunteers who enjoy organizing, planning, and helping with our outdoor events and adventures. We recommend joining in on a few before you start planning.
See you on an adventure soon!
CGA was thought up in late 2017 by a group of SoCal friends who went on a camping trip together to Yosemite. We have since grown into a network of like-minded LGBTQ+ individuals throughout California.
We have a few, simple guidelines:
1) RESPECT - Always respect each other whether in our online network, on social media, or during an event or adventure.
2) BULLIES & AGGRESSION - Any form of bullying is not allowed. Sexual aggression is not allowed. This includes unwanted and persistent flirting. This applies on all events and adventures and within our social media groups.
3) DRINKING - CGA assumes no responsibility for CGA Members drinking at any CGA event. No one under 21 years of age should be drinking at a CGA event.
4) PUBLIC NUDITY & SEX - Nudity is not allowed on CGA adventures unless expressly mentioned in the event description (i.e.: Nude Hike or Hot Springs). Public sex is not allowed.
5) Music, Noise, and Quiet Times - Please respect others. Quiet time for events in public spaces is at 10pm, or as posted in public space. When we are in private spaces will extend to midnight or a time deemed appropriate by leaders of the event.
6) FACEBOOK: Social Posts - Outdoor/Adventure related content only.
7) Political Posts/Comments - No politically divisive posts or arguments please.
8) Promotional Posts/Comments - Promotional posts are not allowed without express permission from CGA leaders.
9) Event Cancellations & Refunds - All events and adventures have a no refund policy. If you need to cancel, it is your responsibility to find another member to take your spot. Many trips have waitlists and the CGA team will notify CGA members on the waitlist of open spots once the event, adventure, or trip has been filled. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Thank you from the CGA Admin Team!
The CGA Planning Committee is hard at work planning future hikes, day adventures, camping trips, and more for our members. We have a strong Los Angeles member base with many members in San Diego as well. As of early 2022, most of our events and adventures are curated for these members. We anticipate growing into other areas in California as well through our volunteers and leaders.
Past adventures include; Joshua Tree, Mammoth, Costa Rica, Catalina Island, Big Bear, Lake Tahoe, Big Sur, Pismo Beach, Grand Tetons, Colorado, Yellowstone, and much more.
Our overnight camping adventures usually consist of 15-30 members. We stay in cabins, tents, or even yurts and RVs. Most are 2-3 nights with some big trips lasting up to 9-10 days (Costa Rica, Yellowstone, Lake Powell, etc.)
We also host many day trips and events. From a bus trip to see the Poppies in Drag to charitable pool parties, beach bonfires, skydiving, theme park days, rafting, and much more.
Join us! Our mission is to create heart-centered connections with like-minded LGBTQ+ members through outdoor adventures and community involvement and action.