California Gay Adventures (SoCal) is a group of LGBT friends & straight allies in Southern California who enjoy getting out of town for fun adventures. This includes any of the following; camping, canoeing, kayaking, caving, canyoning, climbing, extreme sports, fishing, flying, horse-back riding, surfing, motorsports, powerboats, skiing, sailing, windsurfing, scuba, snorkeling, whitewater rafting and more!
1) Click the JOIN button and register so you can sign-up for adventures, comment on posts and interact with other members. This will also enroll you into email and push notifications (which you have complete control over).
2) Explore our network. This is not a typical website. This is a platform that showcases our past, current and future plans for events and adventures hosted by CGA.
3) On a computer? Click on Discovery, Topics or Events to find details on an upcoming event or adventure. On your PHONE? Click the top left corner to see the same menu with options.
4) JOIN US on your first adventure and get ready for new experiences and to make new friends.
5) INVITE YOUR FRIENDS and become an Ambassador!
6) Want to get SOCIAL? Comment on a post, or join our SOCIAL network on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/socalgayadventures/
See you on a future adventure!!
CGA was created in 2018 for a group of SoCal friends to go on camping trips together. We have sense grown, which requires a few simple rules:
1) RESPECT - Always respect each other wether in our online network, Facebook pages or on an event or adventure.
2) BULLIES & AGGRESSION - This is rarely an issue, but does need to be said. Bullying and sexual aggression will get you removed from our group, usually the time. It is not tolerated.
3) Online Posts & Comments - Please see rule #1 and 2. No political posts and no bullying. All posts must be related to our group content.
4) Event Cancelations & Refunds - All events and adventures have a no refund policy. If you need to cancel, we recommend finding another member to fill your spot, this is your responsibility.
5) Drinking - Moderation is highly encouraged and expected.
We may update this from time to time.
Thank you from the CGA admin team!
The California Gay Adventure team hosts and promotes monthly outdoor adventures in California and beyond. We are currently down due to the Corona-Virus, but anticipate being back up and running in 2021.
Past adventures include; Joshua Tree, Mammoth, Costa Rica, Catalina Island, Big Bear, Lake Tahoe, Big Sur, Pismo Beach and much more.
Our overnight adventures usually consist of 16-24 members. We stay in cabins, tents or even yurts and RV's. Most are 2-3 nights with some big trip lasting up to 9-10 days (Costa Rica, Yellowstone, etc.)
We also host many day trips and events. From a bus trip to see the Poppies in Drag (optional, see above) to charitable pool parties, beach bonfires, skydiving, rafting and much more.
Join us! Our mission is to create heart-centered connections with our brothers and sisters through outdoor adventures and community involvement and action.
Currently our memberships are NO COST as a limited time offer to build our network. In 2021 we will be charging a small fee to access our events and adventures.